Number collection numerical
- Please provide proof of payment.
- 50km Ultra: Friday: 12:00-20:00 & Saturday from 04:30-Municipal Offices, Middelburg.
- 21,1km Wild Challenge :Friday: 12:00 - 20:00; Saturday 04:30 - Damwal Complex
Available from the Race Administration Office @ R30-00 each. BOOK & PAY WITH ENTRY.
- 50km Ultra: 22 April 2017 @ 06:00AM - Municipal offices, Wanderers Ave, Middelburg.
- 21,1km Wild: 22 April 2017 @ 06:30AM - Loskop nature reserve, Damwal complex, Loskopdam.
- The 'Silver Gate' at Loskopdam opens at 03:00AM for parking inside the resort.
- Both the 50km Ultra and the 21,1km Wild Challenge will finish at Loskopdam, a Forever Resort.
- Athletes will receive a maximum of three (3) entry vouchers to the Resort. These vouchers will be attached to your Race Number.
- Should you enter the Resort prior to collecting your free entry vouchers, you must pay the normal entry fee. You may then redeem these vouchers, with proof of payment, for a refund at Reception.
- Only runners wearing Official Race Numbers clearly visible on the front of their club vests will be allowed to enter the finishing area.
- Strictly no exit before 12:30 on race-day. Early departures need to travel via Groblersdal.
Water points and refreshments
Refreshment stations will provide Coke and Purified Water sachets.
- 50km Ultra: every 3km for the 1st half and every 2,5km for the 2nd half of the route.
- 21,1km Wild Challenge: every 3km.
- Winners MUST redeem their prize-vouchers at Loskop Reception on race day.
- Unclaimed vouchers will be nullified after the Prize Giving.
- Trophies, gold medals and other prizes will be awarded after the races.
- Prize-giving will take place at the Old Swimming Pool next to the finish line.
- PLEASE NOTE: Official prize-giving times: 21,1 km: 11:30 & 50km: 12:00
Transport for Tog bags will be available from both venues to the finish at Loskopdam, free of charge. (At owners' own risk) PLEASE USE OWN PLASTIC BAG IN CASE IT RAINS!
Runner's photos will be taken by Action Photo on request. For more detail visit the official websites: www.jetlineactionphoto.com
Bus transport 50km ONLY
- Pre-booked and pre-paid only.
- No tickets will be sold on race day.
- Bus Transport will be provided to the 50km START in Middelburg from Loskop Dam.
- Buses will depart strictly from 03:30-03:45.
- Only 750 tickets available, one per athlete.
- Tickets will be allocated on a first-come first served basis and to athletes ONLY.
- NO TRANSPORT WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM MIDDELBURG TO LOSKOPDAM.
- ATHLETES ARE REMINDED THAT THE ROAD FROM MIDDELBURG TO LOSKOP WILL CLOSE AT 05:00AM.
- Buses returning to Middelburg leaves from 13:00. Last Bus leave Loskop @ 14:00!
- Bus tickets (50km only) must be booked with entry at a cost of R85-00 per ticket.
Free shuttle service: 21,1km
- Shuttle service for athletes only.
- A free shuttle service to drop off athletes at the registration of the 21,1km and fun run
will be provided from the Resort Main Entrance from 05:00
Goodie bags & T-shirts
- Only athletes who entered BEFORE the official closing date will qualify for Goodie Bags and Race T-shirts.
- Non-finishers & exchanges ONLY after 13:00, please do so at the tunnel. Subject to availability.
Existing Course Records for 50km Ultra:
- Men: 02:44:03 Josiah Thugwane (2005)
- Women: 03:14:37 Thabita Tsatsa (Zim) (2012)
- Veteran Men: 02:47:34 Charles Tjiane (2016)
- Veteran Women: 03:27:03 Grace de Oliveira (2003)
Make your contribution to conservation
- Make a contribution to Friends of Loskop with your entry or
- Enter your family in the Rhino Fun Run.
Comrades qualifier & seeding
See Comrades website: www.comrades.com for qualifying or seeding details. Comrades qualifying time is 6 hours.